Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.43.2 On 2023-10-10
Prior changes from version 3.43.0 (2023-08-24):
- Add support for Contentless-Delete FTS5 Indexes. This is a variety
of FTS5 full-text search index that omits storing the content that is being indexed
while also allowing records to be deleted.
- Enhancements to the date and time functions:
- Added new time shift modifiers of the form ±YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.SSS.
- Added the timediff() SQL function.
- Added the octet_length(X) SQL function.
- Added the sqlite3_stmt_explain() API.
- Query planner enhancements:
- Generalize the LEFT JOIN strength reduction optimization so that it works
for RIGHT and FULL JOINs as well. Rename it to
OUTER JOIN strength reduction.
- Enhance the theorem prover in the OUTER JOIN strength reduction optimization
so that it returns fewer false-negatives.
- Enhancements to the decimal extension:
- New function decimal_pow2(N) returns the N-th power of 2 for integer N
between -20000 and +20000.
- New function decimal_exp(X) works like decimal(X) except that it returns
the result in exponential notation - with a "e+NN" at the end.
- If X is a floating-point value, then the decimal(X) function now does a full
expansion of that value into its exact decimal equivalent.
- Performance enhancements to JSON processing results in a 2x performance
improvement for some kinds of processing on large JSON strings.
- New makefile target "verify-source" checks to ensure that there are no
unintentional changes in the source tree. (Works for
canonical source code only -
not for precompiled amalgamation tarballs.)
- Added the SQLITE_USE_SEH compile-time option that enables Structured
Exception Handling on Windows while working with the memory-mapped
shm file that is part of WAL mode processing. This option is enabled
by default when building on Windows using Makefile.msc.
- The VFS for unix now assumes that the nanosleep() system call is
available unless compiled with -DHAVE_NANOSLEEP=0.
Prior changes from version 3.43.1 (2023-09-11):
- Fix a regression in the way that the sum(), avg(), and total()
aggregate functions handle infinities.
- Fix a bug in the json_array_length() function that occurs when the
argument comes directly from json_remove().
- Fix the omit-unused-subquery-columns optimization (introduced in
in version 3.42.0) so that it works correctly if the subquery is a
compound where one arm is DISTINCT and the other is not.
- Other minor fixes.
Changes in this specific patch release, version 3.43.2 (2023-10-10):
- Fix a couple of obscure UAF errors and an obscure memory leak.
- Omit the use of the sprintf() function from the standard library
in the CLI, as this now generates warnings on some platforms.
- Avoid conversion of a double into unsigned long long integer, as
some platforms do not do such conversions correctly.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: 2023-10-10 12:14:04 4310099cce5a487035fa535dd3002c59ac7f1d1bec68d7cf317fd3e769484790
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: e17a3dc69330bd109256fb5a6e2b3ce8fbec48892a800389eb7c0f8856703161
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.