Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.11.0 On 2016-02-15
- Enhanced WAL mode so that it works efficiently with transactions that are
larger than the cache_size.
- Added the FTS5 detail option.
- Added the "EXTRA" option to PRAGMA synchronous that does a sync of the
containing directory when a rollback journal is unlinked in DELETE mode,
for better durability. The SQLITE_EXTRA_DURABLE compile-time option enables
PRAGMA synchronous=EXTRA by default.
- Enhanced the query planner so that it is able to use
a covering index as part of the OR optimization.
- Avoid recomputing NOT NULL and CHECK constraints on unchanged
columns in UPDATE statement.
- Many micro-optimizations, resulting in a library that is
faster than the previous release.
Enhancements to the command-line shell:
- By default, the shell is now in "auto-explain" mode. The output of
EXPLAIN commands is automatically formatted.
- Added the ".vfslist" dot-command.
- The SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS compile-time option is now turned
on by default in the standard builds.
Enhancements to the TCL Interface:
- If a database connection is opened with the "-uri 1" option, then
URI filenames are honored by the "backup" and "restore" commands.
- Added the "-sourceid" option to the "sqlite3" command.
- Improved pthreads detection in configure scripts.
- Add the ability to do MSVC Windows builds from the amalgamation tarball.
- Fix an issue with incorrect sharing of VDBE temporary registers between
co-routines that could cause incorrect query results in obscure cases. Ticket
- Fix a problem in the sqlite3_result_subtype() interface that could
cause problems for the json1 extension under obscure circumstances.
Fix for ticket
- Escape control characters in JSON strings. Fix for ticket
- Reenable the xCurrentTime and xGetLastError methods in the built-in
unix VFSes as long as SQLITE_OMIT_DEPRECATED is not defined.
- Because of continuing security concerns, the two-argument version
of the seldom-used and little-known fts3_tokenizer() function is
disabled unless SQLite is compiled with the SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-02-15 17:29:24 3d862f207e3adc00f78066799ac5a8c282430a5f"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: df01436c5fcfe72d1a95bc172158219796e1a90b
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.